Tuesday, March 2, 2010

this post is for b.f.f.

I've been told that I'm lagging in the blog department but I feel like I haven't had anything to write about.  That's really not true, so I guess I just haven't felt inspired lately.  I was inspired to check out the Anthropologie catalog after rave reviews from the bestie, and then felt really horribly unstylish because I didn't see many things I actually liked enough to wear.  I mean isn't Anthro like, the epitome of everything unique and fabulous?  Even TAMN blogs about it constantly.

Luckily I went to browse around on the website and -phew!- I found LOTS of items that I would gladly wear out in public!  Glad I could keep myself in check here.


This may seem silly to many of you, but I have sworn to myself that I would never "let myself go" even after getting married AND having kids.  I know it's possible to be a cute wife, and a cute mom.  This is Utah people.  We see them everywhere.  And I vow to be one of them!  (I probably would already be one of them, if I had lots of extra shopping funds.  I mean seriously... one shirt from Anthro is like $80 plus.)  So in the meantime I'll do my best to stay affordably in fashion and away from anything resembling mom jeans or ugly sweatpants.  Or am I just totally shallow?  Be honest.

6 comments:

Choosy mom said...

Don’t speak too soon. It’s not like I’m trying to let myself go…but…I don’t know how to keep my shirts clean. Every time I put on new clothes, the baby figures out some way to get them dirty. I refuse to change my shirt 10 times a day (That’s a lot of wash) so many days people see me with stains on my shirt. Is that horrible? Well at least I don’t wear mom jeans.

frizzles16 said...

I agree with you completely Jordan. I REFUSE to let myself go. refuse. i want nothing of the sort. I want to be the fun cute mom that everybody loves. Ridiculous? Yes. Legit? Also yes.

Ally said...

When you are pregnant one day, you might reconsider the sweat pants ban. I mean, you can still wear cute jeans when you go out, but when you are just sitting at home you will definitely NEED sweatpants... Your body will thank you. Maybe you can find some cute Anthtro sweatpants. :) Sweatpants or no, you will always be stylish, there is no question in my mind!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! I totally know what you mean! I have told myself I will be one of those cute women out in the world! and that I will never resort to sweats or mom jeans either! Best of luck!
those are WAY cute clothes! I would wear those too!! :)

Mars said...

yay you blogged haha. I guess I'm the only one who blogs about random, pointless, retarded things, just because. Ok phew I'm glad you found some stuff on their website that you liked. Maybe I dream too big because I seriously love way too many things on that site. I love the things you picked out too! I vow to never be a frumpy mom or wife too. Shallow? probably. Oh well. I don't have the huge extra funds like I used to to just go shopping all the time, but seriously, F21, TJ Maxx, Ross, & Nordstrom Rack are your friends. Some of the clothes I get the most compliments on are from there. Anthro is expensive...think how much you could get at F21 for the price of one thing there...yep a lot. One day we'll both be rich & be able to go shopping & be hot wives as we please :)
PS I HEART YOU BFF I need to call you today/tonight

Jayci said...

i love your style!! :) you looked aaaadorable when I saw you. I loved the ruffles and pearls! I wish I had packed cuter clothes. I was just trying to think "comfortable traveling clothes" and threw in the cuter of the comfies. lol - I love getting all dolled up still - even if it is just for Mont when Mark is out of town. Love picking out outfits and jewelry!