This weekend we had our friends Jeff and Natalia come down for a weekend visit from Idaho and Washington, respectively. They are getting married in 19 days so we will see them again soon, but it was still fun to have some company, especially now. We've been dealing with some personal things lately, and some close friends of ours have been having a rocky time so it was great to have a little extra support at a time when we all needed it most. I am soooo excited to head up to Oregon for their wedding in a couple weekends! I'm sure the trip will be too short, but I can't wait for a little getaway and a chance to see friends and family.
I was thinking last night as I was laying in bed, curled up with Zach and a snoring puppy, how grateful I am for them and for our life. Things are hard and it's easy to get overwhelmed with everything, but I love Zach so much and I am so proud of him and so grateful to be where we are, I see only good things ahead for us and I need to remind myself how much happiness there really is in my life. A great job, great apartment, great friends and great family... the promise of summer just around the corner... looking forward to a family of our own, hopefully in the not-too-distant future... and who can listen to a snoring puppy in the dark and not crack a smile? Although we don't know HOW things will work out, I'm blessed to have a testimony that they always will as long as we're doing all we can do.
With that said, I am still struggling to get over the anxiety I feel about tomorrow. I'm quitting my job, the one that I don't love. So it's very exciting that I'm putting in my two weeks (I guarantee you the two weeks won't go by fast enough) but I'm basically dreading the conversation with my boss. It probably sounds ridiculous, but he's always made me feel horrible about my performance at that job and will most definitely be upset at me leaving (stupid right? if I'm sooooo horrible!) and I just know it's going to be a 4 hour argument about why I'm quitting. I hate confrontation. Ok, verging on TMI for the blog, but just keep me in your prayers tomorrow... please.


8 comments:
Aw, sorry you guys have been having a hard time. And don't let your boss make you feel bad! I know what you mean though about how confrontation can make you feel so yucky. Hold on to that hubby and puppy when you feel sad! And it sounds like you need to hang out with US and play some games... :)
Good luck with quitting tomorrow! I'm just glad you aren't quitting the willey because I love working with you! I hope that you guys are alright and I'm glad to see that you've paused from life to reflect on how great it is! Makes me want to do the same! We love you guys! You're great friends!
Jordan I love you! I will pray for you tonight....I know Hoc can be real pain in the bum, but I did it and so can you! Don't stress everything happens for a reason in this life and I have seen you grow so much since I've known you! you can overcome anything! Again I love and miss you so much!
ps. I have to work probably Saturday night of priesthood sess, I know bummer...
call me soon!
love, lulu
I slightly panicked when I first read that you were quitting your job and then I realized which job it would be. Putting in two weeks is always such a hard thing to do for some reason, I hate it, especially if it is a job that wasn't enjoyed. I hope that it goes well for you and that things hit the up and up mighty quick!! :D
um hi bff...why do I NOT know what's going on? :( I hope everything is ok...we need to chat so I'll try to call you tonight. Good luck talking with the boss. I hate confrontation too. I'll pray for you! LOVE YOU!
Jordan, Thanks so much for letting us stay with you! I hope things start getting better! We'll miss you guys! See you soon!
oregon????? wha/??? we will go with you!!! when are you going?
aww jo! what's going on?? By now all the 'boss stuff' has already gone down - I hope it went better than you thought it would. AND I am hoping that on your last day you tell him all that's ever been on your mind. What a jerk. Let me know what's going on - I'll pray you, Jo! Miss you - love you!
Post a Comment