First of all, I really think I have SAD (seasonal affective disorder). It must come on gradually, because when winter initially comes along I don't feel different, but I realize how down I've been when the first warm sunshiney day makes me feel AMAZING! I have such a more positive outlook on life and such a better attitude when it's warm out.
Today hasn't been the first nice day in the past couple of weeks, but it DID just snow this weekend. Big thumbs down. So the chirping birds I heard when I woke up this morning held the promise of a beautiful day. Then I took Roxy out and she got distracted by a bug in the grass. A bug. In the grass. (Not snow!) A hint of warmer weather, just around the corner.
Literally I can't even express the extent of my love affair with summer. I feel a hundred times better when the sun comes out to play! The next few things I look forward to:
- Not having to grab my coat on my way out the door
- Flip flops
- Driving with windows down and music UP
(Summer doesn't have to mean beaches, but this is heaven:)





5 comments:
I have come to realize I really don't like the cold and snow anymore. I'm a total Arizona girl now. No joke. I freeze when it's 50 degrees at night. Sad I know. I'm still a CO girl at heart though! Because we know CO is the bomb dot com.
PS Where are you going to sell this summer? Arizona would be cool...then you & I could bask in the sun in our cute bikinis, get tan, eat cheezits and read cosmo on our down time...like the good 'ol days. *sigh* I love summer (except when it's 115 out & I melt...)
I think I totally suffer from SAD as well! Although, a good cuddly rainy day every now and then is really great! Especially if there is a thunderstorm!
No snow = Texas! At least for the most part! Let's move out there asap
SUMMER!!!!! You would LOVE Alaska in the summer. Constant sunshine = happy Jordan! ha. I am envious of your grass. But I am enjoying this snow that is falling for now. ... I am I am I am!! Mark and I were talking about where he can see us 'ending up' and he always says Colorado for some reason. :P Sooooooo.... I may end up a Colorado girl! Hello blue skies and grass and mountains! AND occasional thunderstorms!
word ver: outable
QUITE the perfect word, wouldn't you agree?! I'm feeling "outable"
Mmmmm...amen. Flip flops. So great. Too bad we can't wear them to work. But oh well, Summer time is great in Utah, winter is a little rough, but you just gotta know how to have fun with it. ;)
One of my professors one year totally asked me if I had SAD because I was always talking about how hard it was to get out of bed... I was all like "No, just senior-itis... and this class is too darn early!"
Post a Comment