Thursday, October 8, 2009

Catching up: Camping

The weekend before conference, we went camping with friends Trent and Alysa. Zach and I have reeeeaally been wanting to go, but I think most of my girlfriends aren't much for camping... guess I'm not quite as girly as Zach tells me I am. :o)

Anyway, so we were more than happy to go when they called, and we actually had a tent that Zach bought years ago and never got to use before. We drove up (down?) to Spanish Fork canyon, but we got there after dark and didn't get to enjoy the scenery. Yes, that meant starting a fire, setting up a tent, and roasting weenies in... the dark. Roxy wasn't a fan of the dark or the cold (neither was I). Our "4-man" tent was barely big enough for all of us, but Roxy loved that part, mainly because of allllll the blankets (she loves anything soft).

In the morning imagine my surprise when I crawled out of the tent in the cold air to find these brilliant leaves everywhere. It was so pretty!

Good thing this is small. Trent and Alysa look MUCH cuter in the early morning than Zach and I do.

4 comments:

Tess said...

I love the fall colors! Looks like it was a fun trip! And I think those labels they put on tents claiming it can fit however many people were made by counting how many kids they can fit in there, not adults. ;)

Also, Kevin would be so jealous that you went camping with a dog. That's his dream, but I'm not sure I want a dog (is that horrible? they're just so messy!). Luckily for now we aren't allowed to have pets where we live, but who knows if I'll eventually be weakened to the idea...

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

I'm sure that you and Zach look fine in the morning! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun camping! And the scenery was beautiful! I wish that I didn't work weekends so that we could go together, but it's waaaaaaaaaay too cold to go now. Maybe next spring!

Mars said...

FREAKING FUN! Geez, I wish I could go camping & wake up to those beautiful colors, cool air, & pretty scenery. You guys ALL look cute in the morning, so I don't know what you're talking about. I'm sure Roxy had fun anyway :) She's such a cute lil pup. Anyway, you guys have been doing so many fun things-I'm jealous. Um remember how I feel like you don't know me anymore either? Oh yeah. I promise I'll get better about posting soon. There's just been a lot going on...not fun stuff either-hence no posting. Nothing to post about. Lame. I miss you :(

Jayci said...

such pretty leaves!!!!! Up here there's not much red unless you go up to the hill tops. LOVE the pictures. :D only, I wish I could enlarge them!! I want to go camping SO BAD. Still haven't gone up here. But that's okay... there are bears. LOTS of bears. LOTS and LOTS of bears. and wolves.. and spiders.. and bears. and wolves. and you get what I'm sayin'. Hopefully I'll go before we leave though!!! ha ha that would be sad. LOVE YOU.