This kind of takes me back to myspace days where I used to do surveys like this all the time! But, reasons for doing it include a. I can't commit to the "30 day challenge" or whatever that everyone has been doing lately, so maybe this is a nice compromise! and b. not had a very good day at all, so here is my outlet! that makes me quite the blog addict doesn't it? and c. see post before last, that I have nothing to blog about... solution!
1. What is your dream job? Does being a Mormon mommy count? I promise I'm not trying to cop out here, but lately all I can think about is how I wish I didn't have to work! I would love to just focus on cleaning, organizing, decorating, cooking, exercising and all the other good habits I fail at consistently. Now with baby coming soon I'm sure the feeling will just grow more. But, suppose I did have to work (which I do) AND I got to do whatever I wanted... I think it would be beauty-related, or decor-related. i.e. aesthetician, hair stylist, make up artist, etc., or interior designer... particularly decorating model homes, which I have always wanted to do. Of course I would need some serious schooling in all these things. OH- or a photographer! Real original right?
2. What is your favorite drink? milk, 1%. Weird? I love it. Water I struggle with, but I take bottles to work, so I try, I really do.
3. What is your most important beauty secret? I'm no beauty guru, but I do know a trick which I depend on in dire situations. For breakouts I make an on-the-spot treatment by crushing up ibuprofen, using a little water to make a paste, and sleeping with it overnight. Swear it works every time, either by causing it to go away or at least come to a head so you can get rid of it! It has anti-inflammatories sooo makes sense right? Try it. I promise. My other secret: sleep. If I don't get enough sleep my skin looks like a wreck. Zach doesn't believe me on this one but I swear up and down it's true, and it's not just quantity- 8 hours of sleep does my face a lot more good if I get to bed before midnight rather than sleeping, say, 2 am - 10 am. Can't explain it, all I know is, if I'm getting to bed late I can already plan on extra makeup and prep time the next day.
4. If you had an all-expense paid vacation to go anywhere, where would you go? My number one choice would be Tahiti. I can't wait to go there someday, and I will, you better believe! I want to stay on that sparkling turquoise water in a hut on stilts... yes... dreamy. Also Spain, and Europe in general, but if you seriously gave me a free trip, it would just have to be Tahiti.
5. If a genie popped up right now, what would your three wishes be? Ok, let's be serious, I would need some time to REALLY think about this. But I can say one of them would have to be financial stability. So many reasons... and not just for trips to Tahiti. We haven't gotten to that point in our lives yet where we can be really generous with our money and help others out, and I would love to be comfortable enough to do that. Also, I would love a house. And one of them would have to be something about our family, like that this baby is healthy and beautiful, and the rest of them (should we be so lucky) are too, and maybe that I wouldn't have to do this whole pregnancy thing a few more times... toooooo many months of my life I'm going to spend in this state of hugeness!
6. If you could only have one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Honest to goodness, I think it would be cereal. I don't know why I just can't get enough! I mean like 2-3 bowls a day, not kidding. If we're talking a general category, probably Mexican or Italian, but then thinking about it probably Mexican, which has got to be healthier than loads of pasta. At least then you get veggies in your salsa, on your tacos, and there's guacamole... lots of options.
7. What one talent do you wish you had? Oh my gosh. I don't know what it is but lately I just feel so down about all the things I'm not good at! I so admire other people for things I wish I could do. I just wish I was more well-rounded in general. To list a few I guess I wish I was more athletic/active, more creative/crafty, more outgoing/friendlier, more optimistic, more independent, more bold/able to stand up for myself, more CLEAN/organized, more spiritual... ok, I've got to stop now, or the list will go on and on.
8. Who is your biggest celebrity crush? I've never been much of a celebrity crusher. I think Matthew McConaughey would be probably my biggest one, but for some reason I've kinda had a thing for 50 Cent... random.
9. If you could look into the future, would you? Yes, and I'll tell you why, it's because I'm a worrier. Super high anxiety and eventually I've just had to come to terms with it, I am high strung and -let's face it- a bit of a control freak! I wouldn't want details, mind you, but just to know the end result of most situations would help me cope with the "getting there", if you know what I mean. Then again I love surprises, but that's only when they're good!
10. What made you start a blog? My friends! I warded them off by using the "it's a married thing" excuse, until I got married, and here I am.


3 comments:
bahaha 50 Cent! He is attractive though :) mmmm. And I love that you love cereal so much. *sigh* I miss you. Can you, Lo and I please live by each other and just be mormon mommies together and workout, shop, craft, and be domestic together?!?! Here in AZ of course, where we can also bask in the sun and have a glowing tan almost all year!
I'm so glad "you're here" in the blog world. :) I miss knowing you! haha - I bet we've matured a lot since we were college roomies - but it seems like we still have a lot of the same stuff in common - like we haven't changed, but just taken on new and bigger responsibilities. hope that makes sense. I hate worrying!! I'm really good at compartmentalizing my thoughts so I don't think about the bad stuff... I'm a little nuts that way, but I really think it takes a toll on me if I worry too much!! :P And yes... 50 cent. HellOOOOOOOO... love his voice. so nice. ha!
This was fun to read :) Love your fruit baby countdown, sometimes the very graphic ones gross me out haha but this is cute!
Post a Comment