Tuesday, April 19, 2011

if April showers bring May flowers...

...then what do May flowers bring??

Pilgrims!

Ha.  That is the lamest joke that I can't seem to get out of my head every time I think about it being April.

For us, this month has been more of the same!  Work, work, and school.  Lauren threw my baby shower a couple weekends ago and it was so cute!  She is such a great hostess.  I owe her so much, she has been such a source of information, pregnancy books, maternity clothes, diapers, pacifiers, hand-me-downs, baby showers and ideas that I could never repay her!  I do have the BEST of the best best friends.




I may have been the reason for the party but here are the real guests of honor! Megan, fabulous photog and party prepper, and Lauren, the lovely lady behind it all (can I mention that we have been friends since high school and earlier?)

We are finally getting around to starting our baby supply now that the shower is over.  (We got some seriously great gifts!  To everyone who was there, or sent gifts: thanks for helping us get started!!)  The baby room is painted.  The stroller is ordered, thanks to my on-the-ball mother in law!  Our next item of business is a dresser, which we are looking for online (to do like we did with our own- sand and refinish)  I hope we have the time to get that done.  I would love to find some super cute knobs for it!

Today I have been washing and sorting all the used baby girl clothes given to us by family-of- and friends-of-friends.  I will admit I was hoping to pick out most of my baby clothes myself (picky, picky) and start fresh with brand new clothes but the logical side of me is also super grateful for all the stuff we've been given, and let's be honest, it is me (not baby) who cares what she is wearing... so... I try to let that go!  :o)  We seriously scored a lot of cute stuff for free, who can complain about that?!

Today I read online that I have 43 days left to go, and I confess, my stomach turned a little!  Life is sooo ironic, it passes by so slowly and yet still manages to sneak up on you somehow.  I can't believe how close we're getting to D-Day!  For now, the sun is out, maybe I will have to get my butt out of the house and take neglected little Roxy for a walk.

4 comments:

Mars said...

HAHAHA is it sad that I actually laughed at that joke (and got it I might add..) Sounds like one of those jokes that should be on a laffy taffy wrapper! Still bummed I missed your shower but we will have a grand 'ol time when I come visit! I wanna know what you're doing in baby girls room (decor, colors, etc.) You should check (or I could) Anthropologie sale all the time for knobs. Hobby Lobby has cuuuuute ones too (do you have that in UT yet??). Ugh I wish I could help you, if you let me haha! Sooo exciting!!

Jayci said...

I totally laughed too...

You do have awesome friends! I'm lucky I got Mauri for mine too though through you. :P haha! I know what you mean when you say you'd like to pick out all the clothes.. that's how I feel! I realized with Mont (and again! with Em) that once they're here you think EVERYTHING looks cute on them! haha! So we luck out in that way. :P I'm excited to see this dresser come to life!! Cute knobs?! ETSY away!! (or Anthropologie like Mar suggested - ooOOooo I'm excited for your hunt)

Mrs. Kerr said...

I have to admit, I saw the title of your post, and I was like, "I'm going to leave the Mayflowers bring pilgrims joke as a comment!" My dream was completely ruined when you already knew the joke. I thought you were going to say something lame like, "mayflowers bring babies," or something else lame like that. lol

You're baby shower was great! I had a great time!

Erica and Spencer said...

I am loving reading this! I am 33 days away from the big day for us so I love to hear that I'm not the only one who feels the way I do : ) Thanks for sharing!