First of all I should state, since my last post was so woe-is-me, that we FOUND a couch!!! It seems to work perfect for the size of the room, and it came unassembled -in boxes- and fit easy shmeazy through the door. Hallelujah! Anyway, so our front living area is really coming together and I am planning on posting pics of the finished product on my Decor blog. Love that this place feels like a home now. Here's a sneak peek that I took because Roxy made herself comfy even before the couch was assembled.
Thanksgiving was a little bittersweet for us, because we missed the huge family get-together up in Washington. Thought Zach wouldn't get the time off, then he did, but we decided to save money and not go. Ugh- money. BUT we were lucky enough to have two Thanksgivings. Since the rest of our family was all out of town we really had nowhere to go. Our friends Pablo and Megan were sweet enough to invite us to their Thanksgiving dinner with their family and friends. ( Here's Pablo and Megan with their parents, sister and puppy Podi)
We played until there was literally no moves left to make. Think I had a heart attack, serious. I mean would you want to be the one to take this turn?!
Such a loud, fun group! Aaaaaaaand the food was delish.
Then, on Friday we went to my aunt's house to have a second dinner, which I forgot to take pictures of but WAS delicious. It was good to spend some time with them and my cousins since we haven't in a long time. That night we went to my cousin Hillary's for pizza and games and had a great time, and Roxy completely passed out in my lap... looks like she had too much Martinelli's. Too funny!
On Saturday morning Zach went to play in the annual Turkey Bowl my cousins and their friends have at the park across the street from their house. He had a ton of fun but bruised a rib- ah the price you pay to play tackle football.
Can't believe how much time we've actually gotten to spend with family this week, I love it!


3 comments:
Omgosh, I am terrible at Jenga! Last time I played, I lost on my second turn... and it was just Matt and I playing! lol I am very impressed with how tall your jenga tower got! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and you were able to spend time with family!
P.S. I just think Roxy is adorable, and I LOVE the picture of "loaded" Roxy!
the food DOES look yummy and the couch looks like it is going to be a good one! i'm excited to check out your house blog! :) That picture of Roxy is HILARIOUS!!!! I laughed so hard. Where was Ed and Andrew at the Turkey Bowl?? That sounds like so much fun. Mark couldn't play in ours here in case he got hurt. ... That would have meant someone ELSE would have had to take his place for the deployment; not a good Christmas present for that persons wife. So... he's gone. :( ANYWAY. Happy Thanksgiving!!! LOVE YOU.
Hey J! it looks like you had such a good time over the Thanksgiving break!! Yes we will play soon!! my last day of school is on the 16th then we can party!!! So please call me and i also don't care if you call just to vent about work, i understand that job needs some good venting...:)
love you,
lu
Post a Comment