Monday, November 23, 2009

Wish I was sitting somewhere other than the floor

So, our first apartment was furnished, and the only furniture we did acquire in that time was a TV, entertainment stand and Zach's lovesac that he bought before we were married. Now we are in an unfurnished apartment and the time has come to spend a lot of money purchasing all the items we don't have. One of these being a couch!

We found THE perfect couch on craigslist for a great price, and the seller came to our apartment to deliver it since he had a truck. He and Zach attempted to maneuver the couch down the narrow stairs and around the right angle that lead to our front door....... and it wouldn't fit. The leather scraaaaaped on the brick above our "porch" and tore up the front of the couch, and we ended up having to return the couch AND pay him $40 to have the leather repaired. UUUUGH.

And we sold the lovesac a few days ago. So we now sit on a rug in our living room. Does anyone know where we can find a couch that comes unassembled, or have any other bright ideas? (We don't really want a futon- unless we have to.) These darn Provo/Orem old houses with their narrow doorways, stairwells and low ceilings!

5 comments:

Mars said...

I totally feel your pain. Seriously. I didn't have a couch in my apt either & when I found the one on CL Chase & I brought it back to my apt by ourselves & him & I had to try to get this massive huge LONG couch through a tiny apt doorway. Lets just say, it was hard to get it & we had to pull it in the door way going UP & stand it up while we tried to swing the back in. Yeah it sucked. esp cause it was just him & I trying to do it. I'm sure we freaking look retarded. Sorry to hear you had to return that one & pay to have it fixed :( I hope you find something soon that will fit down there. Don't you hate trying to furnish places? It's so dang expensive. Chase finally made me buy silverware this weekend because we had to wash the same fork and spoon everytime we ate-he took them from his moms house haha! And we're still eating sitting on plastic storage buckets with couch throw pillows for some padding haha! I want to see pics of your new place!

KristenL said...

Have you tried Overstock.com yet? Shipping is only a buck-fifty, and I'm pretty sure they come unassembled. Good luck!

Kathleen said...

We got our couch at Big Lots... random, I know. Buttttt.... it was really inexpensive and it comes with a warranty! Check it out!

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

oh man, is it really small enough that you can't fit couches?! I would gladly sell you ours, but they aren't ours to sell! Once you do get a couch, we definitely need to hang out!

Jayci said...

I'm excited to read your next post now because the first line said something about how you have a couch now. :D

That whole $40 situation is CRAP. I'd be so mad at the stupid brick. ha ha Not at the guy - what a nice guy he was - to deliver the couch and all. Sorry it didn't work out though. LAME.