Thursday, November 12, 2009

A little housewifery


I have committed to become a better wifey, and that includes (well, a lot of things but one of my goals was:) making dinner at least twice a week. Yes MAKING dinner, not heating a burrito for Zach as he watches TV.

Yes, I SHOULD have been making dinner like, every day since we've been married, hot on the table at 6 o'clock right? Well, I have a lot of catching up to do. Plus I could probably count on my fingers the number of recipes I've made in my life. Cooking is not my forte- YET. And oddly enough I LOVEEEEEEEEEExinfinity FOOD, but that's exactly the problem. I want to eat NOW. Now now now. Not in 45 minutes at 350. Or 4 hours in a crockpot. (That's another thing I should look at working on- patience, Iago, patience.)

So anyway, here I go, and I'm making this goal public so that 1. it reduces my chances of failing miserably and 2. YOU can send me some delicious easy recipes! Remember, I'm only a beginner. Any recommendations???

5 comments:

KristenL said...

Mmm! Good goal! I'll round up some of my favorites and send 'em your way. Until then, try mykitchencafe.blogspot.com or picky-palate.com. They usually have some tasty cuisine.

Jayci said...

Patience, Iago... paaaatience. HA HA HA

Love the goal!! I have the same problem as you do: I want food RIGHT NOW. SO. My trick is to snack on doritos, or ANYTHING while I cook. ha ha Helps tide me over...

Do you have a crock pot? It seriously is the best. If you do, I'll send you some EASY recipes. :) love you like I love food. that's a compliment I know you understand. ha ha!!

OH. I have to tell you. I know you're a bottomless pit too. Since Mark and I were married, Mark has learned not to let me start complaining about food. Because as soon as it starts, he has a good 20 minutes to find a solution, or let me fine my own solution. It's like a countdown before I bite his head off. When I need food, DON'T GET IN MY WAY!! HA HA HA

Mars said...

oh BFF this is why I love you. I LOVE FOOD TOO!

Good goal, I know you can do it, esp now that you guys have your cute little place! You should post about each thing you make, then you'll have to do it because you know all of us that read your blog will be wondering what you cooked & how it turned out :)

I have some good & easy recipes too. Try www.allrecipes.com Everything on there I've made has been REALLY GOOD! If I remember I'll e-mail you some recipes this weekend.

And remember, patience is a virtue :) but maybe this shouldnt apply when it comes to being hungry. I hate being starving, it makes me grouchy. Chase can attest to this. Then he asks me what I want & I bite his head off & say I don't care because I'm too hungry to think I just want to eat! haha good times

Lisa said...

Hey, your blog's so cute. Just the pass few months I've started to pick up on cooking/baking. Haha. You guys should come over sometime and you and I can try a new recipe on the hubby's.

Kathleen said...

Hey, Jordan! I have a quick, yummy recipe for you!

Take chicken breasts and put them in a glass baking dish. Pour one can (or more if wanted) of Hunt's Italian-style diced tomatoes on top. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Cover with shredded mild cheddar cheese and cook an additional 5 minutes (or until melted). Serve over white rice.

Let me know how you like it! XOXO