Wednesday, July 22, 2009

For anyone who cares:

My biff Mauri did one of these lists, which I thought was actually pretty amusing, but decided not to do one. Until I posted about how I DON'T like rollercoasters and then I thought, I could probably come up with one of these too. And since my life is back to boring, why not make a post of it? So here is

My List of Things Everybody Loves.... except me


1. Of course. Rollercoasters. Don't like them. I don't like the feeling of my stomach in my throat, about to throw up. I can handle going fast, but I don't want to fall, be dropped, or be flung about wildly upside down. And I hate the anticipation of waiting in line which makes it worse. No, I will not be forced to go on one and then suddenly like them. It is NOT fun for me! Sorry for being the biggest lame-o of the century, blah blah, I know and I've heard it all.




2. Chocolate. I don't hate chocolate, and there is a time and a place of course. I'll usually have a little if offered. But on any given day I would much prefer something sour and fruity over chocolate. I'm not obsessed. It just doesn't do it for me. Women around the world: I'm sorry. This just isn't me.




3. The Bachelor/The Bachelorette. Am I the ONLY girl who doesn't watch these shows?? Maybe I'm missing something. I don't get it. (And Mauri herself will hate me for this one)




4. Skiing/snowboarding. Or for that matter snow. I tried snowboarding once, and it was miserable. I'm not saying I wouldn't be willing to try again, because I hardly gave it a fair shake. But I rarely have the money or the desire to spend it on a day of falling down a mountain in the freezing cold. If anyone has pants, gloves, a board, and a pass that they'd be willing to let me borrow, I might reconsider, because secretly I would like to be GOOD at snowboarding. But right now I just don't get what the big deal is. (Then again, if I could have a board like theeeese...)


5. Coffee. I don't like the smell. In coffee's defense, I've grown to dislike the smell of it much less in recent years. But again, doesn't do it for me. Hence the reason I've never actually tried REAL coffee. I did try a sip of a Starbucks frappuccino, the kind that you buy at the grocery store in the glass bottle. It was disgusting. No thanks.


6. Watching sports on TV. Bores me to tears. I don't care about basketball brackets, yankees vs. sox, or anything except SuperBowl Sunday, and that's because there's usually food. (And 99.9% of the population will now no longer speak to me EVER again...........) I do like to GO to games, that I can actually pay attention to.



6.5 This I feel I may not be justified in, which is why it's only number six and a half. I don't care for the Wicked soundtrack in the least. I think it is annoying. And MORE annoying when everyone around me knows and loves it. I haven't seen the musical, and don't knock it till you try it right? But let me tell you... the soundtrack does not make me want to see it ANY more, especially if I have to hear "Popular" one more friggin time. Maybe it really is everything its cracked up to be... somehow, I doubt it.



7. Celebrity gossip. I, too, am guilty of reading and/or watching the latest celeb news, so don't get me wrong. It can be entertaining. But really... WHO CARES?! People are crazy, and will do anything for attention. So why continue to give it to them. I could really care less who Jennifer Aniston or Jessica Simpson is with these days. REALLY.



8. Gold's Gym. I have a membership, mainly because of my husband. But I hate them... and their rude, pushy, fit salespeople, and the fact that it seems I am neither tan enough nor beautiful enough to work out there. I would rather work out at 24. Sorry Gold's.


Hopefully I did not offend anyone or lose any friends... Of course this is all in good fun! But it sure does feel good to get some of these things off my chest. You should try it!

6 comments:

Amber Christensen said...

haha i love this list! i haaaatttteee wicked too. i cant believe people consider that music.

Mars said...

yay I'm glad you did this!
1. I like rollercoasters
2. yes we are not chocolate fans. sour or fruity all the way! Remember that one time we became best friends because I shared my candy with you? haha.
3. Bachelor/Bachelorette are entertaining...but after this season of bachelorette I'm getting over it. It's too ridiculous & scripted now. Annoying.
4. Snowboarding. I like but haven't done it for so long & now being in AZ my love for being in the freezing cold is diminishing.
5. coffee. I LOVE the smell of it. Mostly just Starbucks. If they had a Starbucks air freshener I'd buy it.
6. I LOVE SPORTS (not boring ones). Remember when we went to the Nuggs game & won Britney Spears tickets & then went? haha
7. Yeah I don't get the hype about Wicked either. Lucky for me I haven't heard the soundtrack
8. Gossip Mags are sometimes entertaining for the mere fact that it's fake. But yeah I guess you're right-who cares. I won't buy them. I just look at them @ the store then put them back haha
9. HATE GOLDS. Go 24 Hour! Ya!!
Love ya BFF!

Jayci said...

Except for #2 I am with you on EVERYTHING.
- Roller-coasters.. I used to.. not anymore!,
- coffee smell (smells like TUNA FISH SANDWICHES to me... seriously, it's weird. Except coffee beans before they add water. I like that smell),
- The bachelor/bachelorette shows - stupid!!!,
- snowboarding - who thought to speed down a freezing, rock-hard hill with obstacles like TREES in the way?! someone very stupid, that's who. But I'd like to be good at it too... i'll admit it.
- Gold's Gym... remember when I bought the $500 membership and NEVER USED IT ONCE?! I was so mad at myself. MAD MAD MAD! ANd mAD at Gold's for pressuring me into it. I don't do well under pressure .. especially when I think I'm offending people!

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

1. Matt and I hate rollercoasters too!
2. I am a big chocolate fan, but I think it is annoying that people claim chocolate is like "their medicine."
3. Matt and I are obsessed with the bachelor, but I do admit that it is quite lame.
4. I dislike the snow and snowboarding. Not fun.
5. I think coffee smells good, but not like amazing or any thing.
6. I don't think I will ever understand why people have to watch sports on TV. does it really matter?
7. I didn't like the Wicked soundtrack until I saw Wicked on broadway and it really is all it's cracked up to be.
8. I really enjoy reading US and People, but some things are a little too covered.
9. I would rather go for a walk or play baseball with the family.


Jordan, this was so funny and entertaining!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of big scary rollercoasters either. I like little ones like Disneyland. But big ones terrify me and I hate when people try to pressure me into it too. Like thats gonna work! I'm with you!

I dont get "Wicked" either.

PS my new blog is really not that complicated, its just throught a site called "tumblr" instead of "blogspot", but it works basically the same way, just looks fancy!

Tess said...

I'm so glad you found me! I love the snowboarding thing...especially being from Colorado, of course people assume all the time that I'm a skier or snowboarder. Tried it once and I hope never again.