Zach's parents are here from Washington, and his younger sister Mashaela is here from Utah so we've had some fun spending time with the whole family this week. Zach and I have been pretty lucky with work so far. I did have to have my phone on me 24/7 but didn't need to be at the office on the 3rd or 4th, and Zach's been done early so he's been able to come with us to most things.

Sanibel is renowned for seashells. We walked on piles and piles of them. It was beautiful!
July 4th we had a fun day at the park, making burgers, playing frisbee and eating smores.
On the 4th of July there is an overpass that they block off and allow you to walk on to watch the fireworks, so since Fort Myers canceled their show due to budget problems, that is what we did, along with the other pest control-ers we're friends with.
The next day after church we took Roxy and we all went to a beach in Bonita Springs that was quite a ways away, only to find they did not allow dogs! Since it was too far to go home, we tried to sneak her in but got stopped before we even put our stuff down. We had to have our $8.00 fee refunded, and went to another beach called Lovers Key, and same problem. Then we went to a dog beach we heard about but it was DISGUSTING, we were all grossed out, and turned around before even trying to find a place to sit. After a couple hours of driving around, loading and unloading, AND Roxy throwing up in my lap in the car, we ended up right back at Fort Myers beach (where we always go). I did not take any pictures by the time we got there! After being at that dog beach we made Roxy swim in the ocean to wash off. She may or may not have been traumatized.
After getting cleaned up though we had a great dinner at Doc Ford's, this cute place right on the water. (I had key lime pie for dessert... Kenny Chesney would be so proud.)

We were fairly unsuccessful at taking any good pictures, though the night was beautiful and the moon looked awesome reflecting on the water next to the boats!
Monday Zach and I both missed another day at the beach because we had to work, but yesterday everyone went early enough that I could go before work at 3. This time we visited Naples beach. Comparatively the waves were huge and we couldn't go out very far, plus the seaweed totally grosses me out, but it was a good time and the water was a little cooler there. And let's face it... a beach is a beach, so I'm happy!
Later we came back to our pool for a BBQ dinner. This smelled even better than it looks!
Tonight Zach, Mashaela and I are driving up to Orlando after work to meet the rest of the family who is leaving today. Tomorrow Cocoa Beach, Friday Disneyworld and Saturday Sea World! I can't wait!
See more pictures here!


4 comments:
First off, like how I commented on like a million of your FB pics? haha. I love the seashell beach. So pretty! Thats really sad that Roxy wasn't allowed at any of those beaches AND threw up in your lap. Yuck. But looks like you guys have been enjoying all your days & I'm so jealous you've been at the beach so much getting tan. My Hawaiian tan wore off already. Chase told me I'm white now but I was black when I came home haha. I think that means I need more pool time....even though it's like 110* out everyday now. Sick. Can't wait to hear about Orlando!
One word: JEALOUS! I want to go to the beach every day! It sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun!
You are so PRETTY! :D I was so excited to see that you had updated. Looks like you are having a great time; and that dog beach sounds pretty awful... awful enough for poor little Roxy to throw up over it! Sorry it was in your lap though... my pup's done that to me too.. NOT the best way to spend 10 minutes. eww...
ANYWAY. was that salmon?? I'm excited for Mark to come home so we can start grilling a little more; a summer just isn't a summer without grilling! And I'm too chicken to try it. haha! I'd probably blow up our house or something horrible like that.
Have FUN AT DISNEYWORLD!! Mark and I want to go back so bad. I LOVED that place. :o)
Jealous! I'd love to go to the beach! Makes the hot days a little better, I'm sure. Hope DISNEYWORLD is a blast, too. Again, Jealous!! Oh well. I'm glad you're having fun!
So if you want to put that link on your side bar, just right click the picture and save it to your desktop, then there is an option to make a picture a link or something. Try it out, and if it doesn't work, I'll try to help you again.
Post a Comment