Friday, January 21, 2011

I dreamed a dream

Can we just talk about the weirdy dreams I have each night/morning???  I wanted to record these somewhere.  My mom's family is infamous for their crazy dreams as it is (seriously- c r a z y), but SOMEthing is really off (hmmm!) with me lately.  It's better that I'm dreaming at 4 AM than waking up like I was before though, so I'll take it.

Last night I dreamt that Zach had a twin brother and never told me, except it is this kid he knows from back home who I've met like twice... and they don't look alike and have different last names.  And parents.  But I was bitterly mad at him for keeping something like that from me all this time.

Then I dreamt that my dad died back in February (that's what I get for watching the Bachelor before bed I guess) and I didn't know because I hadn't called him in a while, except my brother had never mentioned it to me!  So then I was simultaneously upset that I didn't have a better relationship with my dad and mad at my brother for not feeling it important enough to call me over something like that.

I woke up in a sweat trying to pry some large wild cat's jaws open because he was going to try to kill all the other animals in the race.  No, you're not confused... well not any more than I was anyway.  Except one "animal" in the race was my Sunday School teaching partner and she was in a wheelchair.  I have no further explanation for that one.

And this was all just last night!  I also had a dream a few nights ago that Abbie (yes, if you're reading this Abbie, it's you) was trying to stab me 10,000 times.  And I didn't know why and I was worried about my baby!  (uh, ya think?)  BUT.  I had at least two dreams about us going to the doctor and them telling us the baby was a girl, and that was before the ultrasound, and guess what?......... so call it crazy if you like, I'm calling it motherly intuition (at least on those counts.)  :o)

All that being said, I think the theme song for this post should be one from Les Miserables- I keep thinking "I dreamed a dream in time gone by..." and "but the tigers come at night!..." because they do, they really do.  Thanks, mom, for the weirdy genes!

P.S. if you don't know this song, listen to it, it's really one of my favorites in all seriousness... and it's really beautiful.  Just a few key phrases that seem to fit!  haha :o)  This is also the Glee version.  My other favorite.

2 comments:

Mars said...

holy crazy dreams! I have WEIRD dreams too, but mostly scary violent ones...weird. Uh I'm glad the only dream coming true is that you're having a GIRL :)

Jayci said...

hahah - my fb status last night was about me being nervous to fall asleep b/c my dreams have been crazy/whacko lately. pretty song, too!