I'd like to say we have lots of fun pictures and stories to tell about our trip, but it was a lazy few days for us. In fact we hardly left the house, other than a trip to the grocery store and Target, and the Brown family Christmas party on New Year's Day. (The Browns are Zach's mom's family- she is one of nine kids, who have spouses, who have kids, etc. etc. Am I a terrible person that people continued to say hi and congratulate me on the baby and I couldn't remember who the heck they were? And I'm sure they could tell by the confused look on my face. Yup, terrible.)
So that was even more chaotic! Seating was limited so Zach and I sat on the bottom of the stairs to eat our dinner. While he was discreetly reminding me of names and relations of people I'd talked to, some of the little boys playing upstairs somehow accidently shoved their lifesize battery operated toy dog off the ledge and it came hurtling down on top of my head, flipping my dinner plate onto the carpet and giving me a headache at the same time! In case I wasn't feeling awkward enough, they made sure to make a huge spectacle of me. The cut on my head is actually healing now. But after that I was about ready to go home. The pregnancy-me can only be sociable for so long, I've found. Even though everyone was so nice it was oddly exhausting.
But boy did we eat. The food at home and at the party was so delicious I couldn't help myself. Artichoke dip, fruit dip, meatballs, chips and salsa, italian sodas, 3 kinds of pasta, salad, bread, cheesecake, coconut cream pie, peanut butter balls, and more... and that was just the Christmas party. We also made asian food at home, ordered pizza on New Year's Eve, ate chocolates, cookies, soda, chips and sandwiches, homemade stuffing and rotisserie chicken, a delicious apple turnover-type breakfast, and the list goes on. (hungry yet?) I had at least two helpings of all of the above. Zach's dad kept commenting on my endless eating habits... is it really my fault that I don't ever feel full? :o) Yes, I have to say, my holidays this year revolved around food, in case you couldn't tell from the entire paragraph it warranted on my blog.
But to backtrack a bit to the night of New Year's Eve: I had hoped to go downtown to watch the fireworks at the space needle, but it ended up being a quiet family night in, which was also great. First we made up for the Christmas we didn't have together, and opened presents by the tree. Zach and I are very spoiled! Then we ordered pizza and watched a movie, which ended in time for us to watch the countdown on TV. Low-key and relaxing. :o)
Thursday, January 6, 2011
here we go, here we go again... part II
Tashina and Zach & I got cookbooks (versions 1 and 2) called Get in the Kitchen, B****es! And many of the recipes have equally funny/inappropriate names, so we got a kick out of those for a while
good thing Zach got a "manly" gift (a drill) because most of the rest of our gifts were not so much.
like baby clothes! which even though they are gender-neutral colors still have butterflies on them.
We find out whether or not butterflies will work for us on TUESDAY!!! Granted our baby isn't too shy. :o)
Posted by Jordan at 10:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
It looks like you guys had a fun/relaxing New Year's with the family! Our New Year's was just about as exciting as yours!
I think it's funny that your last post had pictures of food, this one has a paragraph about food, and your pregnancy counter is food too. People will definitely be able to tell that you like food!
I can't wait to find out if butterflies will work!
Sorry I got impatient so ignore my comment on the last post about ending it that way haha. I'm seriously drooling over your food paragraph haha! I too, feel like I never get full. But I can't wait until I'm pregnant so i can hid it better or have an excuse haha. Glad you had fun, even if it was low key. I can't waaaaiiittt for Tuesday!!! They better not be shy!
I'm SO excited to find out the baby's sex! Wooohoo! You better tell me, like the MINUTE you find out! Okay, maybe not the minute. You can hug Zach first and stuff. But then, tell me tell me tell me!
you will be shocked at what still looks appropriate for a boy when they are so teeny tiny. :) haha! I'm so excited for Tuesday!!! Because either way we'll be in the same boat!! (that makes sense to me.)
TUUUUUESDAAAAAAAY!!!!
Once upon a time I went to an ultra sound and GEEEEZ...that little boy was not shy. His father was in the room and was so proud. That's all. Awkward.
Post a Comment