a white Christmas? sure.
But I'm dreaming more at the moment about leaving. Sometimes I just get the urge to leave and start anew somewhere different and exciting, but mostly just different. I think this has been brought on by the cold weather and our friends who GET to leave in a few months, because grad school is calling their names! Not us. We're stuck. And it's magnified by the fact that I nevvvvvvvvver expected to be here for more than a couple years, max. I've now almost lived in Utah longer than anywhere else, and when that day comes, I think I will be sad. Plus I have this huge identity crisis about where I'm from, because what am I supposed to say?
In my mind, when people ask where you're from, it should be defined as where you went to high school. Even though my family lives here now, if I were to say "I'm from Utah" people would ask where in Utah I grew up (I didn't) or who I knew (I don't, really... more of my friends are from out of state anyway!) etc. etc. But if I say I'm from Colorado I can tell you all about my high school, my area, my home ward, restaurants and weather and things I miss. And so, that's what I say. (But now if I move somewhere else, do I have to say I came from Utah?)
Anyway, it seems like we've got reasons to go plenty of other places. Like Denver, which will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart (plus my mom will always be there). And we have friends moving back to Denver!
Or Arizona (which I've really never been to) but me and the sunshine would get along just fine, and I've got a bestie there, and we have friends moving there!
Or Texas, which Zach likes, and they have beaches, and nice weather and affordable housing and ACCENTS (I would love to get one) and we could MAKE friends there!
Or I would even take gloomy old Washington because it's beautiful and because I am lucky enough to have in-laws that I actually want to live close to.
But here we are in reality. We've got school -lots of it- which pretty much requires in-state tuition and BYU which, gosh darn it, HAS to be an awesome school for Zach's major, and we do have some family here... and so we stay. And maybe someday when we leave, I'll miss it. But I would love to have the chance!
Someone remind me how to be grateful for the here and now!
P.S. finally our internet and our computer are cooperating! Took me a while to catch up on all the blogs I've missed, but I think I did it!







6 comments:
I claim Colorado as home. Always have, always will. But I see your point, that's a tough one. Just claim Colorado. It's the only thing that matters. And ppplleeaasseee come to Arizona. Lets hope by the time you would move here...I'll be married so then we can hang out a lot. Seriously though. I know you would love it here. SO COME!!!! The End.
PS word verif. was TESTIE hahahahahahah ewww. Yes I'm immature.
COME TO TEXAS!!! That would be so fun! Our babies can be little friends!! We're near Dallas... the beaches are still pretty far, but if you're looking for good home prices, you'll like it here!
HAHAhaha I just read Mauri's comment and laughed. ewwww. Moving to new places is so fun and exciting - but leaving what you know can be hard - I'm dreading leaving here because of all the awesome people!! I wish I could make my own small city with my favorite people from everywhere all in one place!
i feel the SAME WAY!!!!! colorado will always be home. and i'm ready to leave texas and go back. or at least somewhere prettier. but by the way...if you move to texas, you will have a friend there!! .... at least for now.
You love being here because I'm here. Let's be honest. And I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. :D
Post a Comment