So I'm a little behind, what else is new? I need to blog about our trip to Seattle although the pictures have been on facebook for like two weeks.
So we went up to visit for the purpose of going to Jeff and Natalia's open house barbecue (which by the way the invitations were ADORABLE!) but also I had requested to see Seattle since I'd never been. Zach's parents actually live in Puyallup but since we fly in to Seattle I always just say that. And a very long time ago when we got engaged we went to the Space Needle and walked around/ate by the water, and rode a ferry. But that still leaves downtown Seattle and the farmer's market which are must-sees! So first thing when his parents picked us up from the airport we went right to the lightrail and rode into downtown. Here's Zach's dad Kurt as we headed down to the marketplace.
But of course we were starved so we had to EAT. Elyn had heard about this place:
which we found tucked away upstairs somewhere in a building, which was delicious and ended up having an awesome view:
which I would like to frame and put in my house somewhere, so I played around with it and I need to know which is better, the edited or the original?! please vote.
Anyway so with full bellies we began our trek around the market, so fun and the most amazing flowers I've ever seen! (we bought some:)
Also we bought some DELICIOUS smelling beeswax homemade candles from a very nice man who makes them with his family. I put it in a glass votive in my bathroom and we haven't even burned it yet and it smells AWESOME. Also people in Seattle are a bit weird. But I loved it. Check out these guys in front of the original Starbucks (line out the door!) You had to tip for a picture, so Zach did and I... did.
We watched another guy do an entertainment show with a unicycle and juggling knives and things; again, people are super interesting there. I literally think I ended up in a picture with two Asian chicks who sat down beside me. But we had a great time. Beautiful weather, too. Love this picture:
Aside from that we had time to see Inception, have Sunday dinner with Grandma and Grandpa, and Zach even got to play ball with his dad in the yard which I thought was just precious. (Seriously... so cute.) And check out those trees... only Washington! So gorgeous.
And then of course there was the BBQ! Here's the couple of honor:
and me and Zach:
and a cute picture of Zach to redeem him from that one:



5 comments:
I vote edited one. Very cool!
This post makes me want to go back to Seattle....
I vote the edited picture :)
And that definitely sounds like a fun trip! It was a blast hanging out with you guys! Hopefully we'll get to do that some more when we move to Utah...
I vote edited picture too! LOVE it!
Sounds like fun. I went there like 5 years ago and I loved it. I think I'd like it even more now though!
I vote the edited one (just like every one else)! I just LOVE Seattle more than any other place in the world! I am seriously jealous that you married a boy from Seattle, becuase you have a reason to visit often!
I love the public market! I want to buy everything they have there.. and have someone ELSE cook it for me.. okay, and buy it for me too. ha! Wish we could go together sometime. So fun.. glad you got to experience Snattle!
Post a Comment