Friday, August 27, 2010

Just sayin:

We have no air conditioning in our apartment OR in our car (broken) so really there's not a lot of relief for us right now.  I drove Zach around/ran errands all day, which I don't mind doing at all except it's just disgusting at this point in the summer.  Not to be gross, but really, I get out of the car and wonder if people can SEE how sweaty I am.  Sick I know.  And then if I don't get shady parking spots, well I'm pretty much screwed.  So after dropping Zach off at work and running one more errand, I came home, stripped down to my underwear, turned on the fan and collapsed on the couch where I am currently eating sour watermelons and blogging instead of doing dishes, laundry, or returning something to Walmart.  And I don't feel guilty!

AND: why the heck is it now cloudy and thundering, I have been waiting for those clouds to get here all day, and as soon as I get HOME...  How completely ironically annoying!  Ha.  (Don't think that I don't recognize that maybe I just complain too much.  Hate the cold, tired of the heat.  I'm just never satisfied.)

So.  Love summer.
Ready for a break though.
Can't believe I'm saying that.

4 comments:

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

Haha I can totally sympathize with this post (except for our apartment and cars have AC). But yesterday I wanted to see how far my school is from my apartment, so I walked it at like 3 in the afternoon. I was dying when I got home, so I took ALL of my clothes off and laid on the floor for an hour with the fan on! Lol I'm ready for beautiful fall!

frizzles16 said...

Ahhahahaha!!! I love you two, so funny!! P.S. L-O-V-E those watermelons. Please never bring them to work again, I ate soooooo many! But in all honesty, please feel free to bring them whenever you want.

Mars said...

oh man, um try having it be 110 degrees out and run around doing errands...pretty sure people DO SEE how sweaty you are. But it's not like you're the only one so nobody cares. IF..I mean WHEN you move to AZ it will take you a few summers but then you will get used to the heat. I now freeze when its below 50 degrees.

Those sour watermelons totally remind me of the summer I was in UT and I had that huge box of them and we ate them all the time. If you don't remember then I feel dumb. But I LOVE THOSE. And love that you stripped down to your underwear and plopped on the couch to eat them while you blogged instead of cleaning!

AND I love your new blog look. PS did you follow my e-mail to change your font or just figure it out yourself haha. I like to think I helped. And now I want to redo my blog so it's cutesy like yours

Jayci said...

mmm those look really good right now! Tessa came bearing those bags with her when she came up for a visit... yummo.

Come up here for a visit and you can wear your sweatshirt in the sunshine!! it's perrrrFECT!