Thursday, September 16, 2010

we are the fair-est of them all

This weekend we went to the Utah State Fair in Salt Lake and it was SO fun!  We couldn't find any friends to go with us at the last minute but it worked out, because Zach's sister, brother-in-law, and their kids were up there at the same time so we just headed up to meet with them.  They left earlier than us but we stayed into the evening for the rodeo.  By that time our friends Lauren and Charley were able to meet up with us.  (Don't know why I don't have any pictures of that part!)  The mutton bustin' was hilarious though.  A sweet tiny little girl won!!  (If you don't know what that is it's where little kids ride sheep and whoever stays on the longest wins)  They were adorable and some ate it so hard but they were good sports about it and still waved at the crowd!

We didn't expect it to be so hot so snowcones were a MUST.  Zach looked so cute in his plaid shirt, jeans and work boots :o)

Baby Kaylie loved the snowcones too!  She kept grunting for more, although from these pics you might not think so.

This goat insisted on chewing the collar of the other one... so cute.  Maybe he was trying to help out.

I honestly think the animals were my favorite part, did you KNOW how huge dairy cows are?!  I couldn't get over it.  It was kind of scary, so the kids wouldn't take a picture this close unless I stood with them.  Ew my hair.

 We rode the big yellow slide with potato sacks!  It was a lot funner than I thought actually!

We all got airbrush tattoos cause I insisted to Zach I must have one.  He joked about me getting a tramp stamp but they were more expensive, so I got something equally as trashy.  I have declined to post a picture because it's a little embarrassing.  Hallie however INSISTED that her unicorn be on her back.  Hahaha we couldn't help laughing!  Chase got Mario (yeah!) and Tashina got this one which I thought was actually very fitting for her.


Kaylie sat like this for quite a while and got some laughs out of passers-by.  So relaxed.

Tashina and I were both relieved that Zach took the kids on this ride, they were spinning faster than anyone else, it looked absolutely sickening.  But they loved it.

Funnel cake... enough said.  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Here's us just before the rodeo.  Finally cooling down!


The only part of the day that really bugged me was that Zach stopped to play this basketball game.  It was $2.00 to shoot ONE time, which he did, and missed, so then the guy talked us into paying $3.00 more to shoot two more times, which he missed again.  Then he wanted us to pay $5.00 MORE DOLLARS and literally the money was draining out of my wallet so fast I was super annoyed with him, what a rip-off.  Even as fair prizes go, the prizes for that one sucked!  "Win anything you see here!" he said.  I couldn't even spot the prizes at first.  Only a sports team blow-up chair or a giant sports team ball.  Zach doesn't even really LIKE sports.  So I was pretty bratty to the fair dude and said "No, we're done." and walked away while Zach apologized.  Haha but SERIOUSLY a freaking waste of money.  I did feel bad for being a brat though.  But for $10 I could buy a new shirt.  Not an ugly blow up sports chair that we have no room for.  Zach told me I needed to loosen up.  Whatever!  :o)  Ok I might have been a BIT moody that day too.

Overall it was a great day!  A lot of money but a LOT of fun!  Can't wait till we get to go again :o)

4 comments:

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

Sorry we couldn't go with you! It looks like you had a ton of fun! I was like "oh, that looks like fun, we should have gone." And then I saw the funnel cake and I was like, "why the eff didn't we go? I LOOOOOOOVE funnel cake!"

Screw physical therapy school, Matt is going to open up a basketball throwing booth at the fair! lol

Jayci said...

I love the state fair!!! we just went to ours up here and MY favorite part was the livestock TOOOOO! And i remember saying to Mark, "Cows are so HUGE" - Mont kept trying to touch it's face. His little fingers looked like treats! No thanks, Mont. but he did "moo" at the cows. and sniffed at the pigs. haha!

And I cannot blame you for getting so mad at the $10 hoop game!!! I'd be "moody" too. :)

Mars said...

HOW FUN!!! And the end part of this post was seriously my favorite because I would have totally been a brat too haha!! Bratty BFFS haha! We're girls-we have a right to be moody when we want :) PS i wanna know what your tattoo is!!!!! HAHAHAH!!!!

frizzles16 said...

Oh my goodness I am soooooo jealous!! I wanted to go to the fair sooooo bad but between work and school and not having anybody to go with, it just didn't happen, so I'm glad you went for me and enjoyed it!! I love the tramp stamps, that is on my bucket list in life. :D