Monday, June 6, 2011

things I am currently loving about Brynlie

You probably heard the news, but............. (drum roll please):

Brynlie Ella Moss was born on May 27, 2011
7 lbs, 12 oz
20 inches

I love her gorgeous black hair!  Being blonde for some reason I always assumed I would have blonde children, so the black hair was totally a surprise for me.  I know it will probably fall out and who knows, maybe it will grow in lighter, but now, I actually hope it doesn't!  It's totally adorable.

I love her soft skin but especially her fuzzy shoulders.  It's the softest, cutest thing I've ever seen and I can't stop touching/kissing them!  I also love her sweet little cheeks... those get lots of kisses too.

I love how noisy she is.  She makes noise when she eats, when she sleeps, when she breathes, when she's being changed, held, etc....pretty much constantly.  Of course this has its downsides as well (after the 3 AM feeding, I am usually good with peace and quiet!) but she is so funny with her little grunts and groans.

I love all her features, including her long lashes, teeny button nose and sweet little lips.  I love when she has her eyes open and how she stares at the light wherever there is a window or a lamp on.

I love how she only cries when there's legitimately something wrong.  I love how she doesn't cry at all during her baths.

I love the faces she makes and how she sometimes looks like a little chimpanzee!  I love how she loves having her hair brushed.  And I love how she has already discovered her thumb and will suck on it (or her hand... or her sleeve, or someone's arm...) when she's hungry.  With her mouth open she really looks like a hungry little baby bird.  She is adorable and her mama and daddy just can't get enough of this little snuggler!

Daddy's first picture with Brynlie

Nana, Daddy and Auntie Shaela


Memorial Day, 3 days old
with Auntie Shaela and Auntie Tashina on Memorial Day

after her first bath... happy camper

Daddy's favorite way to hold his little monkey

4 comments:

frizzles16 said...

Amen to this post. She is so adorable!!! I am so glad that I got to see you guys yesterday and meet this darling little girl/hog her so no one else could hold her. :D

Natalia said...

Oh my goodness! She is the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to see her again!!

Mars said...

sounds like a perfect little baby! I'm terrified of having a baby that screams allll the time! knock on wood...I'm soooo happy you posted pictures of her since I can't see her yet. She's sooooo cute! I hope her locks stay dark too! aaaggghhhh I must hold that baby asap!! Looks like you guys are doign good-I'll try calling you back today.

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

Finally!

I LOOOOOOOVE this little girl more than anything right now! Seriously, I talk about her all the time, and I want to hold her all the time! I can't wait to see her again, and again, and again! I need to see her a lot to make up for never seeing her when we move!

My dad is now legitimately concerned that I'm going to get pregnant soon!