Saturday, May 14, 2011

and then it was May

I feel like I ought to have plenty to blog about these last few weeks before 2 becomes 3, but life is carrying on as usual for now.  I am still working full time, Zach is still working and started his new semester of school this week, and no signs of labor for me yet... so... we're still waiting!  It's a little surreal what I'm going to be going through in a few short weeks.  I still wonder what it's going to be like and hope for the best.  Zach is more impatient than I am at this point, which is saying something!  I am pretty much done with pregnancy, and counting down the days till I get to be skinny(er) again, and wear heels and cute clothes, (and sleep comfortably) but let's not forget that most importantly we will get to see our baby girl!

As for her name, my decision is not to decide until she's here.  I realize this is very irritating for some people!  Ha.  I just know I can't choose until we see her.  And who says we have to?  Kudos to the parents who know their child's name as soon as they know if it's a girl or a boy!  But I've always been indecisive, why stop now? :o)

We are taking a birth class which started on Monday and we will go again this Monday.  I actually watched the epidural and saw the needle and I will say that donating plasma was good for something, as much as I hated it, I figure if I could do that (over and over and over) with that big needle then the epidural shouldn't be a problem!  Please refrain from telling me otherwise. :o)

Have been ok with not taking any belly pics lately.  Maybe one more... maybe.

3 comments:

Mars said...

I'm impatient too. I want her to hurry up and get here...a. so I know what to call her b. so I can see her and c. so I can come see you guys! PLEASE one more belly picture-you are so tiny and cute!! I think with an epidural as long as I don't watch it happen (which you don't) I think I'm ok haha. I know you will give me the honest truth when all is said and done ;)I guess if I can handle having people stab me/practice on me in phleb school all day for like 3 weeks I can handle one in the spine lol. Good luck with everything!! I'm still waiting for an "i'm going to the hospital" text. or a FB update lol. Whichever, but as your bestie I hope I get a text ;) xoxo

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

Jordan, I am probably even more impatient than Zach is! I want my baby girl to get here NOW! I can't wait to see that little girl! I seriously want like a text everytime you have a contraction... I'm so excited! At least donating plasma ended up being good for something!

Sarah Moeck said...

DOnt worry- the eppy doesnt hurt AT ALL. Its NOTHING compared to the pain of a contraction, and they numb you before they put the needle in. If I hadn't seen the needle I would have thought the prick was like getting blood drawn. Getting my IV hurt worse haha! Dont worry- you will do great and everything will go great. Just think to yourself- "I can do this!" and trust me- what everyone says is so true. It is SO worth it! I would go through it every day if I had to to be able to keep Logan.