Long time no blog...
So, the move was very stressful, but I'm still trying to decide if it was really that bad or just me being me. By the end of it I literally had my first crazy pregnancy meltdown, brought on by a shower curtain falling on my head, but it was the last straw... I may have let slip a certain swear word I've never uttered before in my life, yelled "I just... want to take... a shower!" and then started to cry! It was bad. Good thing I can laugh now, and Zach definitely can too.
But we're here, still working on getting settled... for one thing we have not got many decorative items up because we had to wait to paint first. We now have the living room, kitchen, and part of the entry painted, but then got burnt out and haven't quite finished. I know we are doing light tan in the baby room, but still no ideas for bathroom, office/guest room, or our bedroom (which I am neglecting anyway because I really want new bedding in possibly a totally different color scheme, even though new bedding is pretty much out of the question at this time. Urgh)
Anyway, we also have more walls now, which means more decisions about where to hang all of our items, and I haven't felt very inspired lately, and if you know Zach... well... he'll tell me where he thinks things look bad, but is no help the other way around. Also we are still waiting to get curtains for at least one room, and pictures/frames for a collage on the wall over the couch, and it's just all a lot of work! (Fun work- well, sometimes) but we need to get cracking cause the baby room is still full of stuff we haven't really bothered to unpack yet, and then I am working a 40 hour position now instead of 3/4 and feel like I have... uhh... no time? to dedicate to all of these projects! Can I really just request like a week off to get caught up with my life? That'd be great.
Meanwhile, I'm excited, because I just spent a couple of hours with Lauren, my blessedly creative and crafty BFF, who is donating her time and talents to my baby shower, and we brainstormed a bunch of ideas. (Orrrrr she just had a bunch already and we went from there... like I said, not feeling super inspired in the creativity area lately) But seriously, I'm excited. Wish I could spill all the deets now, but it will have to wait, since I don't want to spoil the surprise! (P.S. if you want an invite, let me know and give me your address! We're making and sending them soon! Would love to have you... and can I just say... the party favors... well, I want one.) Plus- hello free food. Isn't that the point of showers and weddings?!
Speaking of, highlight of my day? Definitely (besides the shower planning): my frosty from Wendy's.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
February
Posted by Jordan at 10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
lol I'm glad you're ok now-I prob would have had a meltdown and I'm not even pregnant.
no fair I want to help plan your shower. I feel so left out :(
PS you need to tell me the date so I can make sure I can come!
Yessssssssssss!!! I am so glad the frosty was the highlight of your day. :D Also, I feel ya on working full time. There are times when I have been so close to just requesting a few days off just for the sake of actually getting stuff done. Crazy what a difference it is between 3/4 time and full. Weird. But if you need help with unpacking or decorating, let me know, I love helping with that!! (Unless it's myself, I hate moving, haha.)
I LOVE that you said the f-word when a shower curtain fell! I hope that you don't have many more pregnancy melt-downs, but if you do then please blog about them!
I can't imagine working and being pregnant! I think that when I get pregnant I won't be able to do much more than take a shower, and make dinner twice a week! lol
Also, I want to go to ALL of your baby showers!
Count me in on your shower! I wouldn't dream of missing it.
And kudos on working full-time. The way I've been feeling lately, I don't know how I could possibly do it. LOVE the pregnancy meltdowns--they're a necessary part.
Was it the F WORD!? HAHA lucky... I want that one to slip someday. :P heheheee So funny that swearing is such a thrill to us mormon girls. HA. So naughty. I bet you got that shower, though!
I'm sorry you're feeling so burnt out.. I'm not excited about that part coming this year.. twice. Moving is too stressful as it is, why do it twice?! I'm soooo in for it..
Wish I could be there for your shower! Free food?? Hello is RIGHT.
Post a Comment