This weekend Zach and I and my cousin Hillary went to St. George to visit my grandparents. It was sooo fun! (We missed Hill's hubby Eric who thought it necessary to attend his best friend's wedding instead... Don't know what he was thinking!) But we still had such a good time. Their house is one of my favorite places in the world to be. Here's a little of what we did:
- We looked at a bunch of scrapbooks and listened to Grandpa's stories about them
Love this picture...
This is from my grandpa's scrapbook about him being an airline pilot. This is a picture of his application to American Airlines. Can you believe Stewardesses used to have to include their measurements on their application?! I couldn't get over it!
- We played the organ with Grandpa's help- this is one thing I have to do EVERY time I visit their house (but this is Hillary)
- We "hiked" on a paved bike path that we thought was a loop, until we reached town and decided we'd better turn around. No pictures. It was the middle of the afternoon in the blazing sun and I would guess we walked at least 6 miles. Pooooor Roxy, she was such a trooper but towards the end would collapse any time she found shade and would refuse to walk a step further! I had to carry her part way! And I was exhausted myself. We all got sunburned. But it was a fun time :o)
- We napped, napped, and napped some more... especially after our long long long walk
Zach with Bailey (Gma/Gpa's dog) See his brutal sunburn?!
Grandma with Bailey
Roxy... so exhausted after our hike
- We played lots of Rummy! I won twice out of 3 times... and I think it was a 3-way tie for first the last game, so basically, I'm a winner. Ha :o)
- We also played this thing. I still have no idea what it's called... but it's some kind of instrument that intrigues us every time
- We also ate DELICIOUS bbq beef, and had Grandpa's unbelievably good cheese sandwiches, and watched Fiddler on the Roof and Charade (with Cary Grant/Audrey Hepburn). Classics!
All in all...
We miss St. George.


5 comments:
Sounds like such a fun trip!! I freaking love st. george so much, it is so hard to leave that warm, sunny, red rocked place!
Looks like you had a ton of fun! It's so hard to come back to the willey after a weekend like that! Lol ive totally played rummy with your grandparents and eaten your grandpas cheese sandwiches! I'm sad I missed it!
I love love LOVE your grandparents - I would've loved to hear some of those stories. The stewardesses having to report their measurements?? I would've had to fib a little ... or always wear my cutlets! :o\ shhh... my what?!
LOVE YOU
How fun! What a nice getaway. I think I've met your grandparents before...maybe not. And I too can't believe they ask for measurements! WTF! At least back in the day it seemed everyone was skinny haha. Ugh I miss you. Lets rendezvous soon!
haha that sounds so funny about Roxy!! But I'm glad you guys had fun.. looked like a good get-a-way! :)
Post a Comment