Saturday, February 13, 2010

thoughts on love

Most of you know at least a little about our love story, since it is one of our favorites to tell.  Yep, we're pretty unique, or maybe just stupid for not getting married the first time.  At least we found our 'happily ever after' despite taking the long way around.  In the spirit of the holiday I wanted to share a song.

Brad Paisley has produced some of my favorite love songs in the whole entire world, isn't he fabulous?  I swear they can all make me cry.  Anyway, this is a song that really helped me through that hard time when Zach and I weren't together or even talking anymore.  As with any messy break-up and behind all the hard feelings I wondered if he completely hated my guts and really didn't love me anymore.  At the time I didn't really know this to be true for myself, but as the song says, "just have faith and you will see..."  I found so much hope in this message.  Now these lyrics speak to me even more because I know them to be true!  Love really is never-ending, no matter how much time has passed or how impossible it may seem.  I can't find exactly the right words to explain, but this song means a lot to me.  Hope you like.  :o)  And happy valentine's day to all you lovers!



Seasons come and seasons go
One day sun, the next day snow
Flowers die and flowers grow
But love is never-ending

You can't kill it with goodbye
It always finds a place to hide
Inside your heart for your whole life
Love is never-ending

[Chorus]
When the lights have all gone down
It'll still be hangin' 'round
Even when you think it's lost, it can still be found
When every memory has been made
And the pages start to fade
And every prayer you ever prayed is heaven bound
When you think the ride is over
You're back at the beginning
Love is never-ending

When a man and woman start growin' old
The fire of passion may grow cold
But what they got still warms their soul
Love is never-ending

[Repeat chorus]

It keeps goin' on and on
Long after we're all gone away

Time may change what you believe
But one day the truth will set you free
Just have faith and you will see
Love is never-ending
Love is never-ending

4 comments:

frizzles16 said...

Oh brad, he's so great. I've never heard this song, but I have now and I love it!

Mars said...

I need to listen to this song. I've never heard it.

PS did you get your blog layout from the place I got mine?? I love it. It's cute :)

Ally said...

I love Brad Paisley! And your blog looks so cute. And I like you.

Jayci said...

Brad Paisley is the best. :) and you and Zach are one of the best love stories I know about "in person"! MFEO. right?

PS! I didn't know anyone had read that blog post on my house blog. I always post before I'm done to 'test' it if I'm wondering how the layout is coming along. So when you read it I wasn't even half way done!! GO BACK to see more pictures!! :) I looove her design. And what you said about "cloudy day at the beach"?? You and I are roomie-soulmates. I'd say soul-mates, but that'd be sad considering we are both married. haha!! So I'll say "roomie soulmates" :D