A week ago Sunday I talked to my dad on the phone and was telling him how it had only rained ONCE the entire time we'd been here. This week the heavens opened up. Every day has involved the kind of downpour where you run from the car to the front door and still get soaked. Oh the irony. We've been caught in it several times now. Emily and I went to the pool on Saturday with sunny skies, went to visit a friend in the complex and then when we left her apartment we got caught in this huge storm of wind and rain. We couldn't make it all the way home so we ran to the clubhouse and stood in the shelter of the roof for about 10 minutes until the rain let up enough to walk home. Emily chatted it up with this rude lady, while I captured the rain with my camera:
Yesterday we had to come into the office, and then make a quick stop at Costco. On the way home from Costco I had the lucky job of driving home in a TORRENTIAL downpour. It was at least as scary as a fullblown blizzard, only instead of a white-out it was a gray-out! There was so much rain I couldn't even see out the windshield with the wipers on full speed. In fact I ran over a curb. The road was flooded in spots so I kept hydroplaning, and I couldn't even tell where we were until I saw street signs! I WOULD have captured that on film if I wasn't the driver. Zach was playing Monopoly on his phone the whole time... like we weren't about to die. It was so scary. Here are some pictures of some storms rolling in last week:
Monday, May 18, 2009
The 'Sunshine State' strikes back
Posted by Jordan at 2:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I think those storms looked really cool! Although, I wouldn't want to be running around or driving in it. I can totally picture you freaking out while you're driving and zach completely ignoring you and being super chill about it! Haha we miss you guys!
that looks WAAAY FUN. AND SCAAAARY! I would have gotten SO MAD at Mark if he were on his PHONE while I was trying to SAVE OUR LIVES! Mark and I love storms, so I doubt he would have been on his phone... but you never know. Depends on how good the monopoly game was going. ha ha!!
MISS YOU!
Ohhh cool pictures. Scary storms I remember in Houston in the rainy season it would pour and we would be driving through a foot+ of water. We had to keep our foot on both the gas and the brake at lights so we didn't flood our engine. It was really wet.
I like rain until I moved to Arizona, where it rains like it does there. Total downpour where you can't even see & the streets flood in like 5 min. Scary. But I love it if I can sit inside & watch & then enjoy the after. Glad you didn't die in the rainstorm!
this is why i love florida! the rain is amazing!! i am pretty sure i took a video while driving multiple times..wipers on full blast and not being able to see at all! it would usually rain like that everyday at about 3pm then clear up the rest of the day and get really humid. but after getting caught in it a few times, i learned to always carry an umbrella no matter what!!
Yikes! I think we WOULD have died if I had been driving in that! Storms are fun, but definitely more so inside. I'm glad you're having adventures. :)
And of course, I'd be your "go-to" person for houses while you're hunting. I can't say I'm an expert, but I'll help you out any way I can.
Post a Comment