Monday, May 11, 2009

I like burgers, movies, and long walks on the beach.

I HAVE NO PICTURES!!! That's why I've been putting off blogging, because a blog without pictures is b o r i n g. Maybe if I warn you this way you don't have to read if you don't want! I'll post real quick anyway.

This weekend was a fun one. Friday night I spent with my sister (okay, SIL) Tashina, and Emily. We ate at Red Robin... I get THIS every time:

Although I tried to branch out, I knew I wouldn't like anything else as much, and I'd also like to note that the other girls got wraps. Not me. BURGER. Thank goodness for a metabolism. Following the delicious meal we saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.

I liked it, as I do most chick flicks. Every time I see a movie with a male character who "knows it all" about women, I think of Zach, who really thinks he is Hitch. Bless his little heart. I guess I tamed the stallion!

Saturday Emily and I decided to go shopping, even though we didn't want to spend any money. It was sort of an unsuccessful trip because baby Wyatt is a little rascal and I was trying to work at the same time, through a phone and a walkie talkie. We ended up too annoyed to look around much! We did stop at Marble Slab for some expensive but tasty raspberry sorbet. Next time we'll have to go sans baby and clipboard.

Mother's Day. I am not a mother but I still got the chocolate at church! We had delicious sandwiches for lunch, courtesy of yours truly. (Mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, and turkey. For some reason it is seriously a mouthwatering combination! I think it's the onions.) Later we went for a long walk on the beach at sunset... how romantic! It was really beautiful. I think the tide had just gone out and we spotted a starfish on the beach. At first when we walked by I thought it was an octopus or a squid because the tentacles were so long and skinny, but no, it was a starfish! It looked like this, except if I remember correctly it did have 8 arms:

Zach managed to flip the starfish back into the water with his sandal. Hopefully the little guy wanted to be rescued. I wished I had my camera! Silly me for letting my manager borrow it indefinitely, but hopefully I get it back before we do anything else worth blogging about.

4 comments:

Jayci said...

you let your manager borrow it?! are you crazy?! my camera is my life-line. :P haha! BUT I am so glad you posted. Even without pictures I'd be so excited to read through your posts. Your day sounds phenomenal. :) AND that sandwich... yum! Do you use red onions? mmmmmm.... so perfect. I'm cooking chicken right no in the oven and it smells saaaavory. I'm just REALLY hungry right now and Mark just called to say he was going to be another hour. I can't say I'll feel bad if there's no food for him when he gets home! ha ha! Feels like I'm feeding 8 babies instead of ONE. holy cow. Which burger IS that?! It looks inSANEly good. Go burger lovers, go! yummmmmyyyy

Mars said...

Sounds like you have def been enjoying yourself! That sandwich you just described is pretty much my favorite kind EVER! Yumm. & that burger looked good too. Wow I love how we seriously LOVE food. & amen to metabolism :) I hope you get your camera back soon. I want to see more pictures! Sorry my posts are prob so boring to you because a lot of times they have no pictures. I need to work on that haha. Ah enjoy the weather!

Mars said...

I always wondered why some peoples blogs don't tell me when they post...and it is private blogs. Weird. That's gay. Thanks for all your comments on my not so interesting posts lately haha! More pictures to come hopefully!

PS the word verification is
oblog haha. Sounds like a blog curse word or something. "O blog!"

Katydid said...

I love Red Robin I haven't been there in a long time, but your right I am the same way I try to pick something new but i just end up right back at the same thing... The Whiskey River Barbeque Burger too bad my metabolism isn't as great as yours! You got your mothers. Lucky!