Friday, April 24, 2009

Road Rage, literally

Alright- I've discovered my first (and only, thus far) pet peeve with Florida.

Medians.

Everytime you want to turn left, out of any parking lot, shopping center, or street, there is a median preventing you from crossing the road. So what do you do? Turn right, and then go to the next light to flip a U-ie (or a B, whatever you want to call it).

But THEN! You get to the light, and you see one of these:







Grrrrr!! Suddenly, I am obligated to turn left at the signal since I am already in the turning lane. I have to wait for the light to turn green. Then I have to travel down THAT street and find a way to flip around there, so I can go back to the signal, turn right, so I can finally be going the direction I wanted to go when I pulled out in the first place. The whole process has taken me up to about 10 minutes. Now WHY would you put a median in the middle of every road? That doesn't even make sense! Whoever is in charge of planning Florida roads, you suck, and I'm calling your mother. This is especially a problem for the chronically lost (ie, ME) because if I ever want to turn around I've got to drive halfway around town to do it.

Thanks for letting me rant and rave. :o)

5 comments:

Jayci said...

we had this problem while we were on our vacation. No Left Turn signs were EVERYWHERE. After driving miles of straight lines, we just broke the law. We would have turned right, but there was always too much traffic or one-way streets... blah. I hate getting used to traffic in new cities.

Mars said...

Ew that bugs me. Seriously. GAY. I hate trying to turn around too. Esp when you don't completely know where you are going. Next time, when there is no traffic, just 4 wheel it over the median! Remember that one time when we went to Target in Orem & I went to turn left & didn't see the median & freakin drove over it like a RETARD? I do. Ya, just do that. JK don't. Just call the mother of who ever planned FL roads :)

Heidi said...

It seems like we have that same problem here in Las Vegas. I have started to figure out where the legal U-turns can be made though. I definitely think it is annoying too.

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

Lame! I hate driving in new places!

Heather said...

Haha. Oh Jo! There isn't much to tell my dear! You should call me soon and we can chat about life... and those crazy animals some call men. :)