
Haha. That's about as gross as I'll go here today!
Our apartment is actually really great. It's a one bedroom but gosh it must be twice the size of our first apartment, in Utah. It has tons of windows, really open and airy, big living room and big tub in the bathroom with a walk-in closet! We like it. I just finally got MOST of our things unpacked today, and am dreading the thought of having to pack it all away again in a few months.
So ours isn't decorated this nicely... but this was the best picture I could find on the website. Not bad!
It was so frustrating trying to fit all our belongings into our two teeny little cars. Then at night, when we stopped at rest stops for a few hours to sleep, we had to move everything around between cars just to recline the seats back. Then move it all back again to drive. Thinking about it makes me shudder... it was a long, long, loooooong drive across the country. We each got one ticket... for following too closely. A. Zach was behind a truck/trailer who was trying to pass a semi, so they were both going slower than us, and B. Of course I'm following my husband, we're traveling TOGETHER! It was pretty bogus, and I'm honest when tickets are warranted, but he could have given me a warning and told me to back off and it would have had the same effect. Now we have $222 in tickets to pay to the state of Colorado since we obviously can't make the court date... last thing we needed! I don't want to think about it. Luckily that was the worst of our trip.
Here's our pool, you can see the fountain slightly in the background on the right.


5 comments:
this post is awesome. CRUSTY.... I HATE the word crusty. so just the thought of 'crusty' people makes me sick. I have friends that we knew from Texas moving up here in July from Florida and she is way excited for the break Alaska will be for her skin. Soooo COME TO ALASKA after Florida. Just abandon your cute-sounding house. :P haha
The pool and apartment sound so nice!! And that sunset you see from your office... wow! So fabulous. THANKS for the post/mauri email update. I'll take whatever I can!!! :D Love you!
Yay! I was so excited to see a blog post! Florida sounds wonderful! Minus the crusty old people! Ewe. And your apartment is beautiful! I'm really jealous of your summer getaway! Lol I hope zach's selling is going well so far!
Oh, and I think its really funny that you got a ticket for following to close behind your husband! Sorry about that!
Oh my look at you you blogger you. So excited that you are moving to Lehi. I know that subdivision. Very Very cute. So lucky warm sun the pool shopping the beach wow. you had better come back completely relaxed and well rested!
AH! I love you and miss you! Hey, I saw Cam this past weekend! He's GREAT! Talk soon...
- Heather :)
Eeew haha! Crusty old people. I totally can see it in FL though. Crispy old folks need to stay out of the sun! Your apartments look SO CUTE! I can't wait to come visit & lay at the pool getting my tan on with my bestie! I am responding to your e-mail today. I know you sent it awhile ago & we've talked on the phone since but yeah. LOVE YOU! Had to show some blog love
Post a Comment