I'm on a mini-spiritual high right now and just thought I should say that I am so grateful for church. Zach is finally done with his training for work and got his new schedule, and while we don't have to stay up until ridiculous hours anymore he now has to work every Sunday. I was really bummed, it's been hard enough for us to get to church the past few months already and now I have the added weight of having to go by myself! I was really dreading having to go by myself each week to a ward that I swear only counts in even numbers. But of course I went and one of the brothers in our ward bore his testimony just for me. His cute wife and kids are out of town and he talked about how he has realized that without them he has nothing. He talked about how hard it is when your spouse can't make it to church and how it's discouraging to go alone, but that we should because we know it's where we need to be. Sunday School again was just for me... D&C section 25 to Emma Smith. Gosh I just needed to hear everything. I'm so glad I can feel the Spirit so strong at church especially when I haven't been able to feel it as much in my personal life lately. Thank you thank you thank you!
On another note :o) We found out this week that we are going to Ft. Myers Florida for the summer! And leaving April 1st... what?! I know. It has totally snuck up on us and all of a sudden we have to figure out what we are doing with our apartment for the summer and where we will be when we get back and now we have to clean so we can take pictures to post on craiglist and we have to pack and and and... oh life has a funny way of catching me off guard. I am really excited to get out there though, for obvious reasons (warm weather and a beach 10 minutes away... hello!) but also for a change of scenery and a chance to not feel like we are stretching each paycheck to the max. Zach has a goal of selling 350 accounts this summer which let's just say will be more than enough for us! But on top of that I will be working in the office each day 3 PM to 10 PM. (That's actually nice because Zach probably won't get done until around 9 anyway and it gives me a chance to hit the beach or pool before I go to work.) It sounds pretty good right? I hope I can stay this optomistic once we get out there!

That velvet white sand is actually imported from... somewhere. I can't remember. I still don't get how it doesn't just wash away... but I plan on spending plenty of time here.
Another bonus is that my sister-in-law and niece and nephew will be out there as well so I'll have somebody to hang out with. Un-bonus: we have to hang out with everybody we know here in Utah before we leave in 3 weeks! If you're here... please call us. We'll miss you. I hope you'll still be our friends in August when we get back.
7 comments:
JORDAN + FLORIDA + ZACH = SO MUCH FUN!
Jo I'm so excited for you! :D This sounds so dang exciting. The beach... the pool... the sun (i'm so excited for next week for this reason). I've missed the warmth and everything associated with it so I'm SO THRILLED you will have so much of it! You will be in heaven, jo... aaah! I can't stop saying how happy I am.
Going to church alone.. not as much fun as having your man there to put his arm around you and keep you warm. I love that part about being married. Since Mark's been out of town for a month, I've been sitting with the Second Counselor's wife who has all their kids out of the house, so she has about 3 kids from OTHER families come sit with her so she can keep their parents free. :) It's fun, so I've been skipping from family to family helping out with the kids. It's pretty fun, and you make some good friends! I'm glad you got a lot out of church today; I felt like I needed a boost as well, and I got it!! I think it's when we realize we need it and we want it, we get just what we need because we're looking for it. I love church!!! I love you! I love that you're going to Florida!!! SO exciting. :D Please keep these updates coming! I want to hear all about what you sell (and any questions you have about nasty moving stuff just ask - maybe I can help), what you take, what FLIP FLOPS you can't life without and so on. :D I love your adventures, Jo!
whoa that was a REALLY long comment. even for me!
HOLY COMMENT JAYCE lol. Jo, don't you love those moments when you hears things especially for you. When you need to hear them? I've had that the past few weeks too. It's awesome. I am SO jealous you are going to FL. I hope I can come visit you this summer? maybe? You+me+beach=LOVE.
Maybe, I'm a bad friend, but I'm NOT excited you guys are going to Florida for the summer! I will miss you guys too much! Seriously! Good job on going to church alone! I would have found it very easy to miss altogether!
We are hanging out as much as possible before you leave us! We'll miss you so much! But we do hope you have fun!
Jordan!
That is so fun that you are going to Florida. I wish I was in Florida now. It's so cold again! ugh..just when it was starting to get warm outside the weather decides to mix it up and get really cold. I am so excited for you!You will have so much fun out there!
I'm so glad you blog! That makes me happy! And please, steal whatever you like :)I miss you! Work is not the same without you there. Where are you working now?
Ummm Hello I am coming! Just kidding I wish. I really wish I would spend everyday right there on the beach with you although I wouldn't look half as fabulous as you would in your suit! Have fun.
Post a Comment