Friday, January 16, 2009

It's a hard knock life.

I spoke too soon. The job we loved fell through. Luckily Zach hadn't notified Teleperformance about the other position yet, and starts that on Monday, so I am trying to look at the bright side. Some extra income is better than none... even if it requires us to never see each other for 5 weeks! (Minor detail...) We actually did find a way to laugh about that today. I know things will work out. In fact I'm not sure sometimes how we even got this far already, so that in itself is a testament that someone is looking out for us. Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise. I am just sick and tired of worrying about money!!! Being grown-up really is no fun sometimes.

Another silver lining: whatever situation we are in only needs to last until April 1st, which is probably when we would be leaving for the summer. Zach discussed some details with his brother-in-law today, who is one of the owners of the company we will be working for. I still hope we go to Dallas!

But enough with work. Tomorrow is my day off, which I am loving, and tomorrow night we are going to the temple with Matt and Katherine, some of our good friends. I met Katherine when I lived in Rocklin for a few months. She is also one of my cousin Hillary's good friends. They moved out here when they got married, which we are grateful for. Matt and Zach get along great and we have entirely too much fun hanging out with them. One of our favorite things to do is play MarioKart on N64, so I think we will do that after temple night. Last time we played I was in tears from laughing so hard. It is a blast. I am ALSO looking forward to Katherine's home-made orange juliuses, but the poor girl will have to bring over her blender since we never put our gift card to use and it is now MIA!

In the meantime we are babysitting our niece and nephew tonight which is always entertaining. They are learning to say some of the funniest things. Chase's favorite thing to do is TELL you what to say. I was pouring him some milk and he asked if he could have water afterwards. I said maybe, we'll see, but finish this first. "Say yes." I said maybe. "Say yes." Drink your milk first. "Will you please say yes?" No, I said maybe. "Okay." Another time Hallie was trying to get my attention and actually said "Yoo hoo!!" And finally, as Zach was taking a nap on the couch and the kids walked by they chanted in a 'whisper:' Tiptoe, shhh. Tiptoe, shhh. Tiptoe, shhh. Which I think may have actually been louder than their normal voices. They are a hoot.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

hey, is zach going to work at heritage web solutions? That's where Chris works. Just wondering.

Jordan said...

that's the job he didn't get that we really liked. boooo.

Mars said...

Sorry things didn't work out but something worked out & he got A JOB. Everything will work itself out. Your guy's niece & nephew are so cute! Have fun babysitting! When will you know where you're moving for the summer?!?

Heidi said...

Hi Jordan! We found out from Nancy this weekend that you had a blog, so I found it. If you're ever interested in seeing ours, the address is www.heidichristensencorner.blogspot.com

Jayci said...

sorry he didn't get the job you two had been hoping for; I'm glad he had the back up plan! whew! You seem to really be enjoying your niece and nephew - they sound hilarious. :D I hope you go to Dallas too!! you'd LOVE texas... yummy bbq... every other station is country (I actually listened to LESS country while I was in Texas/Oklahoma than ever before. strange!). Now I'm on a bob dylan streak... yep. talk about craaazy country! ha! love you - enjoy everything!

and yes. crazy dreams intensified when you're pregnant. ugh! Last night I woke up sweating because all the patients' charts at work were all OUT OF ORDER. I HATED... hated. HATED dreaming about work. It's like I never leave that place as it is. :P haha anyway. love you, peaches!

and you're definitely Blake Lively's character on that show. I love watching it thinking of us. :D muuah!