Phew. This has been a straining week. Zach's first week of training is over. To accomodate his schedule a little more I started going in to work at 10 AM instead of 8, and staying until 6. That gave me a little more freedom to stay up until he got home at 1 AM. Even then we would only get maybe an hour together before I had to go to bed, if that. Last night I couldn't even stay up until he got home so we didn't really get to see each other then. Blaaaah... So today on the phone when I about bit his head off I realized I am sick and tired of not getting to see him. Not to mention I did wake up feeling a little sick (and tired) today. I left work about 3 hours early to get home and see him for half an hour before he left. To be completely honest it was worth it. I don't know whether or not we can keep doing this for the next 4 weeks, but I'm trying not to think about it! One day at a time right?
It's sort of funny how we are used to doing everything together. Mainly laundry and grocery shopping. Right now we have literally mountains of laundry in our room, and no food! Neither one of us wants to do it without the other, so although we each have several hours a day where we sit at home alone, nothing is getting done at all. Ha. I think it also has to do with the weird fact that the more time I have, the less I want to do anything. I know these should be my wifely duties so I guess I'll have to start the laundry tonight. Bah humbug!
This weekend will be great I think. We're most excited to have two days off together, but we are both really anxious for our hair appointments tomorrow. This will be the first time I've had it done since we've been married (5+ months... yikes) and Zach is just a little scruffy, which turns into fro-ey when his hair is too long. Tomorrow is my cousin's baby shower, so that will be fun to see some family. Tonight I'm looking forward to cousin Hillary coming over to keep me company for a bit, I haven't seen her in quite a while! I'll have to post some pictures of the sweet new hair after tomorrow. :o)
P.S. I have a new obsession with this photographer I found on my friend Meagan's blog (thanks Meag... I am in love!) Her blog is www.brittanygphotography.com/blog or her website is just www.brittanygphotography.com. She's a photographer from Lehi and I love her style. I have spent so much time scouring her pictures, I just can't get enough! I am for sure calling her as soon as I get pregnant, haha. Check it out... she's amazing!
Friday, January 23, 2009
It's finally Friday
Posted by Jordan at 4:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Jo i am loving all the updates!! :D I know what you mean about the more time you have, the less you want to do. It is hard to do stuff that you're used to doing together. Mark and I have a sort of a routine now, but the first year - we didn't want to do much apart!! Mark is going to be gone A LOT the next 4 months... a LOT, and I'm a little sad thinking about it. I'm not announcing it on my blog, but he'll be gone for winter survival the first 13 days or so of February, home for our Anniversary (luckily!), then gone for 5 weeks to New Mexico, then he gets back Mid march and then in May he is getting deployed for 2.5 months (not a long deployment... but still!).. sorry.. I just found out today, so I'm griping. To you. Sorry!
Enjoy your HAIR CUTS!! I'm so excited to see what it looks like after. Are you coloring it too? I can't decide if I want to do the Lena hair cut/color next or keep it blonde for one more time.... any ideas? have fun with Hillary and the cousins tomorrow!
wow - that was a really long comment. heeee
Aaaah Jordan, that sounds awful! If you ever need some company and some wii or you want to go get your nails done or something, let me know!
All I have to say is...I MISS YOU BESTIE!! I hope despite the time apart you are still enjoying your cute little married life. If you ever get bored...call me. It will all be worth it in the end. I LOVE YOU & I'm so happy you are updating this so I kind of feel like I know what is going on in your life. And please, post a picture of your hair!! I want to see it!!! :)
Post a Comment