Saturday, August 22, 2009

Memory Lane

August is a good month for us and I am lucky to have a lot to write about and a lot to be thankful for!
One year ago today I got the best present ever: an eternal marriage to my sweetheart. What a long road its been for us already, from the time we first hung out at Denny's three and a half years ago, to...


the time I made him take me on a "real" date to Park City.


And then he gave me a ring at Classic Skating Disco Night {thank you Dr. Love.} As you can see Zach did not suspect this was actually a sign of things to come. Until


I visited him that summer in Washington DC


and we fell in love on the beach.


We were really engaged on a ferry during a Seattle sunset. We liked it so much, that we got unengaged

and engaged again in 2008. Third time's a charm.


...and many more dances to come. Happy anniversary to me and my honey!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

YAY! Congrats! You guys are so funny! Can't wait to hangout with you guys.

The Tidwell Blog said...

Gross! No mushy stuff!

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY love birds! I am so excited for you guys!

Jayci said...

oooh i love that last picture. Looks like you're holding tight to each other in it. I love you guys!! And am so happy for you.. :) congratulations on the first year!

Mars said...

AWWW. Jo. I'm living vicariously through you now. You guys are so cute. What a road but look where you are now & where you are going! A great place to be. Happy first anniversary! I can't wait to have that first year of marriage down & lots more to go. Well obviously I need to get married first, but that's just so exciting & I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, can it be, one year already. You guys have already had a great life and you are just getting started, think of how much you have to look forward to ~ enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Much love!

TJ said...

You guys are awesome. Congratulations!!