So, I hate to be cliche and post about Valentine's Day, but I should have the right to brag about my husband a little bit right? We had a pretty laid-back holiday. As I mentioned our friend Jeff was in town over the weekend but he was great about everything. We all slept in VERY late on Valentine's Day (remember that Zach doesn't usually go to bed until it gets light outside, because of work) but he dragged Jeff and went and got me flowers anyway, he's so cute.
Now I am a surprise-spoiler, I guessed where we were going for dinner on the first try: Cheesecake Factory. Even though I felt bad that we are tight on money, Zach's philosophy is that if we go out we go all the way. So I got a pina colada with no guilt! I also had quite possibly the best meal I've had there. Every time I go I get the Chicken Madeira which is AWESOME and big enough for 3 people. This time I switched it up and got the fish of the day, which was Mahi Mahi on mashed potatoes with the most delicious salsa on it... It was wonderful! I don't think it is even on the menu, which is a shame because I LOOOOVED it! I'll ask for it next time, and maybe they'll love me enough.
Turns out having a 3rd person for dinner works out nicely for pictures!
Finally, my biggest surprise was another one I spoiled: tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert on the 26th! Zach had apparently ordered the tickets the first day they came out. Long story short, I got into his email account about a week before Valentine's Day to read a confirmation email for something he had asked me to register for, and there accidently saw the ticketmaster emails as well... oops! He was a bit upset (ha!) but he rarely has anything in his email so I didn't think anything of it. It was made worse by the fact that I always tell him how impossible I am to surprise because I figure th
ings out, and this time I had tried to play it safe so as to not catch on to anything I wasn't supposed to know. I felt so bad I didn't even tell him I ruined the surprise, but he knew that I knew and confronted me in front of a Walmart cashier in Rexburg. Thankfully the lady behind us in line defended me. We all had a laugh- after he made me admit that I WOULD have been surprised, if I hadn't checked his email. Oh well. It doesn't change the fact that I am super excited! Good work, honey.


6 comments:
AHHH, I hate you! You could leave Zach at home and take me to the Rascal Flatts' concert, right? ha. That will be so much fun! And I don't really hate you, but that's one concert I need checked off my list. Good one, Zach!
Sounds like V-day was spectacular. Glad it worked out, even with a third wheel! :) Love ya!
haha!! I love that you figure out surprises. Zach will just have to up his 'ante'. or however you spell it. He should be up for the challenge. :) You're going to have so much fun at the concert!! And the flowers are beautiful. Nice going Zach. The meal sounds d-lish! Happy Valentines Day!
haha! That is so funny! You are a good detective aka "surprise ruiner." Oh well. I love surprises but sometimes I don't & I just want to know so bad that I can't wait! Glad he picked such a great place to confront you haha! Perty flowers (Good work Zach) & I'm SO JEALOUS you are going to Rascal Flatts!!! And you just made me hungry for Cheesecake Factory. YUMMM!!!
Awe, zach is so sweet! Your flowers are so pretty and I'm way jealous you're going to see rascal flats! I hope you have fun at the concert!
haha you two are so funny! and fun!!!! Its always exciting hanging out with you... i get a good laugh. I love you guys! I think i will move in... Deal? haha, hopefully I will see you again soon!!!
Love you JO! :)
- Hi Def
jo - i'm glad you like our house!!! all you need to do now is come for a visit. the first year wasn't bad at all. We were apprehensive because that was what we heart - that it's the hardest year. We've had our moments, but for the most part, it's better than I would have imagined!! seriously. :)
Post a Comment