Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bridal Shower

My bridal shower was Friday the 13th! (Horrible I know... I didn't realize that until after we'd decided.) But it turned out to be pretty lucky after all... for me anyway. It was thrown by my cousin Katie at her house in Lehi, which is adorable by the way, and my Aunt Nancy who contributed the delicious crepes we had afterward. I missed a few people (namely, my besties, who live in other states; Jayci, who lives 1/2 way across the world and yet still in the same country; Kristen, who lives hours away and still too far; Maggie, I don't know what her excuse is, and my roommates from last semester who apparently don't love me that much!) BUT I was excited that everyone who was there got to be there. Zach's mom was in town for one night which is why we planned it for then, so that was great that she got to be a part of it, and sort of meet my family. My two pretty sisters-in-law were there too. My grandma came with her off-the-wall comments about my lingerie, as well as two of my best friends Adrianne and Alysa, our good family friend Marv, and my cousins Katie Katie Hillary and Amy. We played a game about wedding traditions in different cultures and then one with pictures of me in which they had to guess what year the picture was taken. I thought it might be weird to have so many different relationships in one room but it was great for everybody to meet each other and for me to be able to spend time with all of them, really fun.

2 comments:

Jayci said...

Sounds like a really fun time!! "Glad it wasn't all kitchenware" :) Was Mauri able to go? Glad you had such a nice time.

Mars said...

I SUCK! I'm the worst bestie EVER! I can't believe I had to miss your BRIDAL SHOWER!!! Ugh! Next time I see you...you will be getting MARRIED!! But I can't wait because our dresses are SO CUTE!!